We at Whitesell Optometry hope to find you and your family healthy and safe. The CDC and AOA (American Optometric Association) have updated their guidelines on the coronavirus as it relates to the practice of optometry. Doctors of Optometry are now allowed to resume comprehensive eye health and vision care. We are so happy to get back to serving our patients and community. We look forward to seeing you soon.
We will be locking the front doors to control patient flow, so please call our office upon arrival. If you would like to shop for glasses, we ask that you schedule an appointment.
As we have been even during the Shelter in Place orders, we are always available for emergent and urgent visits ie: eye infections, eye injuries, sudden changes in vision, lost or broken glasses. You can reach us at any time by calling the office at 913-592-2020.
When returning to our office you will notice a number of changes. First off, we have remodeled, so we hope you like the new look! Second, there will be a number of protocols in place to help keep a safe environment for everyone. Patient and staff safety is our number one priority.
Patients with upcoming visits:
If you, or any members of your household, have any symptoms listed below, or have been exposed to COVID-19, in the past two weeks, we MUST reschedule your appointment to a future date:
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
We ask that you reschedule your appointment by calling or messaging. We will be screening every patient at check-in to identify and limit potential exposure to COVID-19 in our offices.
How is Whitesell Optometry preparing for your visit?
We have expanded our already stringent disinfecting protocols and our staff has undergone additional training in disinfecting procedures. Below are a few added precautions we are taking:
- We will collect insurance information prior to your appointment and collect patient history verbally. If you have a list of medications and health conditions, please bring it to your exam.
- We ask that you do not bring anyone with you to your exam unless they are a true caretaker, this includes children who do not have appointments. If this appointment is for a minor, we ask that only one adult accompany the minor. This includes not bringing someone with you while shopping for glasses.
- Please call or text upon arrival for your appointment. We will let you know when it is time to enter the office.
- A mask or face covering will be required. Please put one on before entering the building.
- We will meet you at the door and take your temperature with a no touch, infrared thermometer. If your temperature is 100.0(F) or higher, we will reschedule your appointment.
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands when you enter the building.
- Please maintain social distances of 6 feet from others while in the office
- Our appointment times are extended to allow enhanced disinfection protocols
- Our optical is open! All frames in our optical are disinfected after being touched. If you would like to shop for glasses at a time other than your exam, you will need to schedule an appointment in order for us to maintain social distancing.
- We offer curbside delivery of eyewear and contact lenses, just call or text when you arrive!
- As always, we can direct ship contacts to your home. Some items may incur a shipping cost, and we will inform you in this circumstance.
- If you need your glasses adjusted we are happy to do so. Please call us when you arrive and we will let you know when a member of the staff is available.
- In addition, please know that every exam room, testing room, and surface you encounter in our office is being meticulously disinfected between every patient. As always, we are offering hand sanitizer and multiple hand-washing stations.
We will be updating our patients as new details become available. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to us. We hope to continue to deliver both routine and emergency eye services to our patients in the safest way possible in the coming days and weeks and will continue to monitor this ever-evolving situation. Thank you for your understanding, help, and cooperation!
The Doctors and Staff of Whitesell Optometry, Your Vision Source